|WED—SUN||10 am — 4 pm|
RAM is closed Mondays and Tuesdays, with the exception of holiday Mondays. RAM is always closed December 24 and 25.
|Adult 18 – 64||Senior 65+||Youth 7 – 17||Family *||Child 6 and under|
Feature exhibitions may be subject to a surcharge above General Admission prices.
* Family: up to two (2) adults and children 17 and younger, to a maximum of eight (8) peopleOne-day General Admission can be purchased online, or in person at the Admissions Desk. Two-day admission is for consecutive days and is only available at the Admissions Desk.
The Royal Alberta Museum rests on Treaty Six territory and the homeland of the Métis. Many of the objects in RAM's collections and many of the stories presented in our galleries are Indigenous. In the spirit of reconciliation, and to honour the unique relationship between Indigenous Peoples of Alberta and the Crown, the museum extends free admission to Indigenous Peoples.
General Admission is free for those with a Cultural Access Pass/Canoo Pass, CFOne Card, and for healthcare aide attendants accompanying paying visitors with disabilities.
The Royal Alberta Museum is currently limiting visitor numbers to 1/3 of fire code occupancy. Masking and physical distancing are mandatory.
We are working with Alberta Health to establish the best direction to take for the health and safety of our visitors and staff. This could involve implementation of the Restrictions Exemption Program in the near future. As soon as we have more information, it will be available on our website and social media channels.
What is open
We invite you to visit our newest temporary exhibitions, Breathe and Abandoned Alberta, as well as our permanent galleries: Human History Hall, Natural History Hall, Bug Gallery and Museum Zone. Our Museum Shop is also open and fully stocked for in-person and online shopping.
What is currently closed
Our Children’s Gallery is highly tactile with numerous hands-on experiences. Additionally, the design of the space does not lend itself to current social distancing requirements. For the safety of visitors, including the tiniest ones, we’ve decided to close the space.
Manitou Asinîy Gallery is a high-touch area. In order to maintain the safety of visitors and Manitou Asinîy, the gallery is closed for the time being. We recognize that Manitou Asinîy is of great spiritual significance to First Nations in both Alberta and Saskatchewan. Access will remain available by appointment and can be arranged by contacting Admissions.
We are not offering in-person public programs, education programs, or school trips at this time.
Our Museum Café is closed until further notice. We offer a selection of snacks in our Museum Shop, or you are welcome to bring your own. Seating is available in our lobby. No food or beverages are allowed in the galleries.
Our theatre is currently closed, and our facility rental program remains on hold and is not taking bookings at this time.
Visitors are encouraged to purchase a timed entry ticket online, prior to arriving at the museum.
- Each timed ticket slot is limited to 50 visitors.
- In order to help us keep track of capacities, please arrive within 15 minutes of the start of your designated time slot.
- Tickets are available for purchase up to two weeks in advance.
- Visitors who fall under free admission categories, including Mammoth Pass holders, Experience Alberta History Pass holders and Indigenous peoples, can also pre-book a ticket in advance, to assist with capacity.
- We cannot guarantee entry to anyone who arrives at the museum without a pre-booked, time- specific ticket.
- Visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear to wear a face mask inside the Royal Alberta Museum. Under City of Edmonton bylaw 19408, face coverings must be worn at all times in indoor public spaces.
How do I reserve a ticket as a Mammoth Pass holder?
As a Mammoth Pass holder, you will still enjoy free admission, but you also need to reserve a (free) ticket in advance.
Sign in to the ticketing site with your Mammoth Pass login, and tickets prices will automatically show as zero. Please book a ticket for each person in your group. Please be sure to bring your Mammoth Pass and a piece of ID with you when you arrive for your designated time slot.
If you don’t already have a Mammoth Pass login, you will need to first email RAM Admissions to request a login.
Lockers are available for 50 cents.