Our self-guided programs are a great way for schools to visit the museum in a supported and flexible way. Each tour comes with a class set of booklets with open-ended activities and thought-provoking questions to guide students through the themes and stories in our galleries.
Self-guided field trips for the 2022-23 school year are fully booked. Sign up for our quarterly Educator e-newsletter to be the first to know about 2023-24 bookings, as well as upcoming programs, events, and resources.
Half-day Self Conducted Field Trip: Pre-K, Grade 1
- Cost: Free
- This 2-hour program is for Grades 1 and below (max 25 students/class)
- This program includes admission fees for adult chaperones and school staff (teachers, EAs, aides, etc.) up to the required ratio of 1 adult for every 4 students.
Half-day Self Conducted Field Trip: Grades 2-12
- Cost: $75
- This 2-hour program for Grades 2-12 (max 35 students/class)
- This self-conducted field trip includes an educational resource booklet, clipboard, and pencil to support your students' learning.
- This program includes admission fees for adult chaperones and school staff (teachers, EAs, aides, etc.) up to the require ration:
- Grades 2 to 6: 1 adult for every 5 students
- Grades 7 to 12: 1 adult for every 10 students
We are pleased to provide a designated space for your students to eat lunch or store coats for an additional fee of $100 per room. Each room has seating capacity for up to 25 students. Lunchrooms and coat check space are not included in field trip fees.
Lunchroom and coat check availability is limited, so we recommend booking at the same time as your tour.
If you choose not to book a lunchroom, please not that outside food and drink are not permitted in the Museum Café. Coin-operated public lockers are available at a cost of $0.25 each.