Museum on the Move
ROYAL ALBERTA MUSEUM is on the move!
The multiple-year journey to our new location in the heart of Edmonton's downtown arts district has begun!
As a signature cultural institution, the new Royal Alberta Museum will be the largest museum in western Canada!
- A permanent, welcoming, accessible and contributing member of the community; a place where stories will be told and memories will be made.
- New natural and human history wings will tell Alberta's incredible archaeological and cultural stories from changing landscapes, to First Peoples, to where we are today and the challenges we face as a vibrant, growing multicultural community and our impact on the world in which we live.
- The new building provides double the exhibition space, creating more opportunities for visitors to interact with the museum and with each other.
- The new museum will stimulate additional tourism activity and ensure Edmonton and Alberta are represented with a stronger presence on the cultural map as an attractive destination.
- The new museum will provide memorable experiences through thought-provoking exhibitions, and offer powerful programs and excellent services.
- Our quest for knowledge, insight and inspiration to the rich mosaic of our lives, our community, our city and our province will continue to grow.
We invite you to come along for the journey. Watch construction of the new building through the live webcam, sign up for Museum News by clicking the Follow Us button, join us on our social media platforms and visit this site often for updates.